Welcome to the
International Energy Accounting Forum IEAF
The IEAF is comprised of companies active in the energy industry who are interested in financial accounting and public reporting under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). The role of the International Energy Accounting Forum (‘IEAF’) shall encompass:
- Fulfilling the function of an implementation and best practice forum for International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”) as applicable to the international energy industry; and
- Advocating the energy industry’s point of view with the goal of influencing accounting standards and legislation setting organisations; and
- Making specialist energy industry knowledge available to the International Accounting Standards Board (“IASB”) and other standard setters.
- Promoting best practice in external financial reporting in the international energy industry, and identifying and seeking to narrow areas of difference in accounting in the sector; and
- Advancing understanding of accounting practice in the international energy industry and amongst the wider business community.